This should make you believe in small miracles.
It’s evening. After dinner. And you want something. Something seems to be an oatmeal cookie. Your brain conjures up the smell of homemade oatmeal cookies fresh from the oven – and now you might be slightly drooling. Sadly, there’s nothing to be had in the kitchen.
Time to grab the wallet and keys and to the store you go.
I know. You’re probably already in your pajamas, but go with it. A craving is a terrible thing to waste. And now you’re in the store madly looking for the GF oats and there are none. Stupid store. Panic starts to bubble up because you can still smell those imaginary cookies.
But wait. You might be coming up on that small miracle. Off in the area they call Gluten-Free which in reality is half a shelf, there is a box of Glutenfreeda Apple Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal. Friend. You have what you need. Say a small hallelujah – buy the box and take it home.
Relax. You aren’t going to have to eat oatmeal instead of a cookie. With that box of Glutenfreeda Apple Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal you’ll have cookies in no time. Really good cookies.
Full disclosure – no one paid me or asked me to say this stuff. I just like Glutenfreeda oatmeal because it was the only thing I found at a store on a long road trip and it saved our bacon. It’s pretty tasty and versatile. You can make stuff with it. Like these cookies.
See? Small miracles. One tasty cookie at a time.
|Glutenfreeda Oatmeal Raisin Cookies||
- 292 grams Glutenfreeda Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal (3 cups)
- 65 grams AP GF Flour (35 grams superfine brown rice flour, 15 grams each superfine white rice flour and tapioca starch/flour)
- 50 grams light brown sugar (1/4 cup)
- 50 grams granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
- 160 grams Spectrum Vegetable Shortening (12 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons Spectrum Solid (high heat) Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 90 grams dark raisins (1/2 cup)
- 50 grams chopped walnuts (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 extra-large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the Glutenfreeda oatmeal, flour, brown and granulated sugars, spectrum shortening, spectrum coconut oi, baking soda, salt, raisins, nuts and vanilla. Stir until combined with a wooden spoon or clean hands. Stir in the eggs with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Using a two tablespoon-ish scoop place 6-7 mounds of dough on each sheet. With wet fingers, flatten the dough leaving an inch in between.
- Bake 13-16 minutes or until crispy on the edges and toasty brown.
- Repeat for remaining cookies. Cool on a rack. Makes about 18 cookies.