S’morewiches are the antidote for what ails. Like the end of summer in the rearview or trees turning color in August. But hey, it’s still hot enough to cook eggs on the sidewalk.
Fear not. We have air conditioning and one more easy summertime-no-bake treat that even a small kid who can manage microwave buttons could make. No campfires necessary.
S’morewiches are simply two store-bought honey graham crackers (I like Pamela’s best) with a bit of marshmallow zapped into compliance and stuffed with half a milk chocolate bar. You could use other chocolate, like Tcho or whatever dark chocolate makes you happy. There are plenty of GF graham crackers at the grocery – use the one you love the most. Use the kind of chocolate you enjoy eating.
I never imagined I’d publish a recipe for a s’more thing but I also never thought that summer would be this obnoxious with the endless heat and drought (yep, whining). So it calls for desperate measures like easy to make treats that remind us of simpler times when campfires were legal and not dangerous.
On the other hand, nothing makes kids happier than watching marshmallows transform into blobs in a microwave (my apologies to those Peep bunnies).
Want one-bite no-bake treats? We also have the mini version made with Pamela’s honey graham mini bites. Two tiny little mini marshmallows, one little bitty square of chocolate and two small crackers make for a mighty nice little treat.
I cannot promise we won’t make more ridiculous stuff in the future. After all. Summer.
- 12 graham crackers (Pamela's Honey Grahams preferred)
- 6 regular marshmallows
- 3 regular size (1.5 oz) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars (or similarly sized dark chocolate bars)
- 12 mini honey graham crackers (Pamela's Honey Mini's preferred)
- 12 mini marshmallows
- 1 regular size (1.5 oz) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar (6 small pieces)
- Place crackers on a flat microwave safe plate, hole sides out. Cut each marshmallow in half and place the marshmallow in the center of each cracker. Microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or just until the marshmallows puff up slightly and are softened.
- Break each chocolate bar in two. Place each bar on top of one softened marshmallow and place another softened marshmallow cracker (marshmallow side toward chocolate) on top of the chocolate. You should have a sandwich at this point. Gently and evenly press together until the marshmallow begins to come to the edge of the chocolate. Carefully set the sandwich on a flat cooling rack and wait a few minutes for the marshmallow to set a bit (and cool down) before eating.
- Place 12 crackers with the stamped (Pamela's are stamped with a P) facing down on a flat microwave safe plate. Place a single mini marshmallow in the center of each cracker. Microwave on high for 10 seconds or just until the marshmallow puffs slightly and is softened.
- Take one square of the chocolate bar and place that on top of a marshmallow. Place another marshmallow cracker (marshmallow facing the chocolate) on top of the chocolate bar. Gently press a tiny bit until the marshmallow comes to the edge of the cracker and place the finished S'Morewich on a cooling rack to set, about a minute or two before eating (hot).