It’s a breakfast bar that gives you a little bit of everything from a healthy granola mix to a little bit of tasty Nutella or almond butter. Easy to make, keeps well, these crunchy bars provide a great little instant breakfast.
Add a glass of juice, a big cup of coffee and you’ve got breakfast.
The granola mix is all about flavor and nutrients – protein from the oats and almonds, minerals and all that good stuff from the seeds, coconut, nuts and figs. And let’s not forget the good part of Nutella (hazelnuts) or the even better good stuff from almond butter. Almond butter will make the bar dairy-free, too.
It’s an easy recipe to prepare and you’ll be happy to have one when the rush to get out the door doesn’t give you any time to make breakfast. Keep some of these on hand, wrapped up and ready to go and you’re all set. Just add coffee.
|Fig & Nutella Breakfast Bars|| |
- 160 grams dried figs (1 cup)
- 100 grams GF rolled oats (1 cup)
- 140 grams whole almonds (1 cup)
- 36 grams toasted sunflower seeds (1/4 cup)
- 72 grams Nutella or almond butter (1/4 cup)
- 45 grams shredded unsweetened coconut (1/4 cup)
- 80 grams maple syrup (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9 square pan with nonstick spray. Line pan with parchment paper coming up the sides (like a sling).
- Remove any large stems from the dried figs. Pulse together figs, oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, Nutella, coconut, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a food processor until the mixture is well blended and looks like coarse sand (rocks?). In a small container beat the egg until blended. Add to the food processor and pulse until no more smeary egg coats the bowl and it is well blended.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan. Place a piece of plastic wrap on the top and using your hand press the mixture to flatten it evenly. Bake 5 minutes and then turn the oven temperature down to 325°F and bake 30-35 minutes more or until the bars look slightly darker on the edges and the center is no longer glossy. Cool in the pan at least two hours. Using the parchment sling, gently remove the bars to a board and cut into 12 pieces.